(Wernher von Braun)
Research is what I’m doing
when I don’t know what I’m doing.
- Intelligent Information Systems
- Lexical Resources and Databases
- Interactive learning approaches
- Educational Computer Science
- Collaborative Lexicography
- Inter-rater Agreement
- 2018: Best Lecture Feedback Award of the Computer Science Student Union
- 2017: Best Lecture Feedback Award of the Computer Science Student Union
- 2011: GSCL Award for the Best Student Thesis in Computational Linguistics 2009–2011
I publish in major international conferences and journals and foster reproducible science by publishing research data and code whenever possible.
- Joint Optimization of User-desired Content in Multi-document Summaries by Learning from User Feedback (ACL 2017).
- MDSWriter: Annotation tool for creating high-quality multi-document summarization corpora (ACL 2016).
- Computer-assisted stylistic revision with incomplete and noisy feedback. A pilot study (BEA 2016).
- Wiktionary: A new rival for expert-built lexicons? Exploring the possibilities of collaborative lexicography (In: Electronic Lexicography, Oxford University Press 2012).
- UBY – A Large-Scale Unified Lexical-Semantic Resource Based on LMF (EACL 2012).
As a postdoc, I was involved in the proposal and management of multiple research projects. Currently, I am a principal investigator of the research training group AIPHES and research coordinator of a BMBF-funded project and an industry cooperation as well as co-applicant of an EU-funded COST Action.
I am reviewing for top-tier conferences and journals (ACL, EACL, EMNLP, WWW, TWEB, etc.) and a member of multiple academic networks and associations. Ini 2013, I have been local chair of an international conference with over 200 participants.
I have been engaged in university teaching since 2010. Starting from 2016, I continually give my own lectures on information management and language technology as part of a lectureship (“Lehrauftrag”). In 2016 and 2017, my lectures received the best evaluation awards of the Computer Science department. In 2018, I obtained the teaching certificate “Zertifikat Hochschullehre”.
A wordle created from some of my publications.